Re: abbr and acronym

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:56:48 +0200, Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
wrote:

> As an attempt to find some new paths for this rather diverging and
> repeating discussion, I propose the inclusion of a read="..." attribute,
> allowed for inline elements, with CDATA value, and defined specifically
> to indicate the intended spoken form of the element's content. It would
> typically be used for <span> elements. Examples:

I think the 'read' attribute is an excellent suggestion, and while it
definately has its uses outside of abbreviations, I think we should keep
<abbr> or introduce <short> to be able to mark up shortened text with an
expanded 'title' attribute (which should be defined in the specification
as such) and a pronouncation attribute 'read', as suggested. +1.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-        asbjorn@ulsberg.no