Re: Identifying end tags

>On 6/28/06, Laurens Holst <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl> wrote:
>How would that have any effect on my page loading time? I have a 100mbit
>connection. Bandwidth is ever increasing.

all users have high speed connection, so you fight against your competitors
on the same pipe line, which means that the smaller your file is, the faster
it will render on the screen.

you have few stations to cross when you deal with site rendering:
1. page weight - page downloading to your computer
2. page rendering - JS that influence your layout rendering
3. external sources download- images,CSS/JS etc.
4. Site Host Stability, Connection Speed, infrastructure Quality and finelly
Connection Speed
5. Computer Performance's: CPU, RAM, etc.

-- 10-50 Kb you reduce from your page weight influence dramatically on your
page rendering & loading time.
remember- all your competitors use the same bandwidth u use, why not be
lighter then them?
secondly, what if part of your users use 33k modem?
there r still users using that, and my company serve users in Saudi Arabia
and in much more 140 countries

still, i use high performance computer, and my previous site worked so slow
on my computer. but now it runs so fast

i shrank the page from 210Kb to 52Kb
i don't use one single HTTP-Request. each HTTP-Request cost 0.2 seconds. i
saved 7 HTTP-Requests, so i saved 1.4 seconds.

and i played with my images loading for smooth image loading on the screen.

Look.
i totally agree with u that u can ignore page weight when u build sites for
your own pleasure.
but when u compete in a competitive environment, u have to care for each
byte & every aspect of your website optimization.

Shlomi.A
Israel

--
visit my blog: http://www.webcssdesign.34sp.com/