Re: xhtml 2.0 noscript

magick wrote:

> You all are pissing me off.  In clear and plain English.  YES OR NO.
> Can you use <noscript> in xhtml2?

Have a look at the public working draft for XHTML 2.0 and see if there
is a noscript element. The list of elements
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml2-20060726/elements.html#a_elements>
does not show a noscript element. Question answered. Pretty easy, wasn't it?

> And here is a very good example why you may want to use it:
>
> Let's say you have this

> In your document, well anyone with JavaScript disabled or not supported
> will just get a link that doesn't do anything.  Annoying those people.
> So what do we do, it's simple.
>
> <script type='text/javascript'>
> <!--
> document.write ("<a href='javascript:history.go(-1)'>Go back to the page
> you just left<\/a>")
> -->
> </script>
> <noscript><!--NOOP--></noscript>
>
> Now if someone has JS enabled, they'll see the link, if not they see
> nothing.  It's the best of both worlds.

Why do you need a noscript element here?

--
Johannes Koch
Spem in alium nunquam habui praeter in te, Deus Israel.