Re: hreflang

Am Sonntag, den 05.02.2006, 16:18 +0100 schrieb Laurens Holst:
> Assume I have a site in both English and Dutch. Which of those is served
> to the user depends on the Accept-Language header. On the English
> version I have a link to the Dutch version, and vice versa. The link
> would contain /?lang=nl.
>
> If the user clicks on that link because he would contrary to his
> language preference settings rather like to read the Dutch version, all
> the internal links in the Dutch version would also have to contain
> ?lang=nl, or whenever the user clicks on another link it will switch
> back to English.

This is a good example of how broken the concept of @hreflang in XHTML2
is at the moment.
It basically corresponds to B6 in my original post; not only following a
link in the Dutch version is a problem; also a simple reload of the page
is unspecified. Will it reload the Dutch version because you got there
with an @hreflang="nl"? Or will it reload the english page because you
never specified Dutch in your browser, only "en"?

Regards,
Oskar