Re: Question about XHTML 2.0 and content type

Jim Ley schreef:
>> I looked at the specification, and I couldn't find any contradiction in the
>> guidelines for stylesheets.
>>

> C. 14.  says include a PI for style elements, C1 says don't include PI's...

Oh, right. I’d say that C.14 should be dropped, and replaced by a
statement in a normative section that the user agent should recognise
appropriately. The only reason I can think of why the user agent would
*not* recognise those is because it might be processed by a generic XML
user agent with no specific support for XHTML, in which case the
stylesheets will be worthless anyway because 99% of them assumes a
default styling of XHTML, and class-type selectors and :link-type
selectors won’t be matched either.

>> It seems just nit-picking for an argument not to use XHTML, imho.
>>

> No, it's nitpicking about mistakes in specification writing, if we're just
> dealing with what works, then tag soup works great.

Ok.

I hope the HTML WG will address your issues on the contradictions.

~Grauw