Re: [XHTML 2] removal of navigation list element

Jim Ley wrote:
>>> The fact that the list items themselves are hyperlinks can be
>>> derived by their href="" attributes. Similarly, if a definition
>>> list were used for navigation, e.g.
>>
>> Please tell me where this is specified that UAs should implement
>> this in such a way.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-hyperAttributes.html#adef_hyperAttributes_href

What I meant was that you can't derive from the existence of HREF on LI
(or DT) elements and |role="navigation"| on an ancestor element that
this is actually the "navigation bar" of the site. At least, not as
currently defined. And if it was defined in such a way I guess you get
trouble when you have a small list of links inside |role="navigation"|
that aren't really part of the "global site navigation".

> Unfortunately Conformance in XHTML 2.0 is only defined in the structure,
> there is no conformance that I can find for what you actually put in your
> mark-up, so it could not be called non-conforming...

Ugh, that's correct. I hope that's conidered an issue...

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>