Re: rel="nofollow" attribute

I wrote:

> I think "nofollow" itself was established from the use in meta elements
> to inhibit all links on the page.  This was a bad choice even there, but

Whilst Google may actually not follow links poisoned with
rel=nofollow, there is no reason why search engines shouldn't follow
such links in order to build a more complete map of the web, so
this use of nofollow shouldn't have the same meaning as meta-robots-nofollow,
which is another reason why the name is bad.

> If bquote were used properly and only properly, it would probably

I meant blockquote.