Re: Suggestion for <SECTION> tag

Adeel Javed wrote:
> - Information is dynamically generated from database and displayed on
> webpage a.
> - An author wants to display same information on webpage b. Since
> webpage b does not have access to the database so it cannot, the only
> way is to manually update it, or the other case is if there is a public
> xml page available and that can be displayed using stylesheets.

The server hosting webpage b could fetch the webpage a instead of
user agent (browser) and insert selected parts of it inside webpage
b. Or ideally the server hosting webpage a could push the changes to
webpage b preventing unneeded reloads.

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> <SECTION id="stockReport">
> <!-- here goes the complete code that may be dynamically generated -->
> </SECTION>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No need to have special section for this. If something like this is
really supported, just allow any id to be selected (or even support
XPath?). For example:

and just do

<iframe src="..../PageA.xhtml#specialcontent" />

However, iframe already has different behavior defined for anchors
so we would need another element to include only part of the
document. For example:

<fragment src="..../PageA.xhtml#specialcontent" />

After saying that, I think that this isn't a good idea. Some people
consider frames a big problem because one can make part of another
site to look like part of another site. This would mask real content
author even more.

--
Mikko