Re: <spoiler> element

Oskar Welzl wrote:

> I have to say, though, that HTML always offered the very generic "show
> this content only when activated by the user"-element:
> here only if you want to read which element it is.</a>
>
> This is as generic as can be - and as specific as we can allow,
> probably. It is not the sophisticated "show within the current
> page"-solution you want. It does not fully cover all use cases:
> Disturbing medical photos within a scientific text should probably be
> shown right within the paragraph that describes them, not on a separate
> page. But that would be <show-disturbing-medical-pictures>, not just
> <spoiler> ;-)

So, basically, the <spoiler> element is already provided with the XLink
language and the show="embed" attribute.  This is esentialy the equivalent
of <a target="inline">.  See:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xlink-20010627/#show-att

This is much more generic then <spoiler>, which for the most useful
applications is incorrectly named.

-- Devin Bayer