RE: <spoiler> element

Hi Alan/Jeremy,

On the *semantic* side of this, the purpose of @role is to provide features
that may be an absolute necessity in one domain but completely irrelevant in
another. So rather than having to fight over them on the list all the time,
each sphere that is using XHTML 2 can add whatever they like. :)

In this case, we might have:

  <section role="x:spoiler">
  </section>

As to the *behaviour* side, that's a little more tricky. Work is going on to
provide a way to define the behaviour of different values of role, using
RDF. I would hope that x:spoiler could somewhere be defined as inheriting
from a role that "shows and hides itself on user activation". (This could
actually be in the document itself.)

Regards,

Mark

Mark Birbeck