Re: [Structure Module] Renaming the <html> element to more semantic name

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:52:28 +0100, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:

> Spelled words are empty and the element "document" has not more sense
> than element "html" (specifically after 15 years of history by a social
> group).

So, basically, the <html> element should stay for historical reasons?
Isn't XHTML 2.0 supposed to be breaking most of this history and not be
backward-compatible anyway? Why does the 15 years of history with <html>
apply to XHTML 2.0 if none of the other (excuse my language) rubbish from
older HTML specifications doesn't?

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg     -=|=-    http://virtuelvis.com/quark/