Re: Tag / element question

Le 18 sept. 2004, à 23:58, Orion Adrian a écrit :
> I would propose a lot of changes need to be made to really bring HTML
> tables into their own. I think they need a lot more capacity for
> semantic information and a structure that's less focused on
> presentation.

Which would lead to more complexity when some of the people are often
reproaching XHTML 2.0 + XForms to be too complex, (which I don't
believe)

If we really need an XML spreadsheet application, which might be
perfectly valid and I'm pretty sure has been already started by Open
Office community, we have to start a new WG for that and design XTable.

And with an object element we could call a spreadsheet to insert in
XHTML document.

XHTML 2.0
	-> XForms
	-> SVG
	-> (RDF)
	-> XTable etc.

And it would look like a real compound document. I have seen that
effort happening a long time ago before XML with OpenDoc (from
Apple/IBM) where you could in a ClarisWorks document insert a real
spreadsheet, a piece of email, a piece of web page. Or in the cell of a
HTML document, a spreadsheet, etc. Cyberdog (the macintosh browser of
this time) was doing miracle with that. You were updating the
spreadsheet and the data in the HTML page were modified. It was neat.

Though some people fear the complexity of the modularity of XHTML and
associated technology.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***