Re: XML Events : Should modification of the node containing a script be allowed?

I didn't find any such restriction in a quick perusal of the XML spec,
but in the XHTML2 working draft Section 16.2.4. Dynamic modification
of documents, it says:

"the XML processing model, where a document is first parsed before
being processed"

so something somewhere isn't right, but it might be the draft.  OTHO,
it doesn't say that scripts can't be processed before content is rendered,
so since I didn't find anything about when scripts should be executed
in a quick perusal of the SVG 1.1 standard, perhaps that is what is
happening, i.e., that before the initial rendering is done any
initialization
scripts must be executed according to SVG.  The restriction cited
only applies to parsing the document, not to rendering the document.