From: www-html-request@w3.org [mailto:www-html-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of
Ernest Cline
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 9:13 PM
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: RE: Problem with LANG keyword

To expect user agents to make such distinctions seems to me to be asking
them  to make too many assumptions given that there is no one-to-one
correspondence between script and language.  For instance, there is the
example
given earlier in this thread about numbers in a mixed English-Hebrew
document.
There is no simple common sense rule that a user agent could be given.

As a result, I don't think that such an ability should be added to HTML.