Re: XHTML 2.0 User Agent Conformance

Karl Dubost wrote:

>     1. User agents show a kind of quality icon. When the document is
> conformant to the rules edicted by the spec. A small icon with words
> good document or bad document can be displayed. It's completely
> subjective because you can't verify that the semantics has been
> respected, but it is still a criteria to encourage authors to produce
> good code.
>
>     2. A developer mode in user agents, it's something I wish for a
> long time. If you put the user agent in dev mode, it will be stricter
> for the rendering and will display error messages or greyish page, or
> not display at all. The strategy has to be defined to help the
> developer. So the developer as an additional possibility of verifying
> if he/she has produced good content (valid), still not necessary
> semantics. It's again an incentive and not a burden.

I think these are really good ideas, and worth considering.  The first
is similar to the idea of displaying an error in the status bar (like
javascript errors in IE and Netscape) that I wrote in my last reply [1],
sent just before I got this.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2003Oct/0113.html