Re: [XHTML2] Poor little old <a>

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Masayasu Ishikawa wrote:

>> In any case, the effect of nested elements with
>> href attributes is something that does need to be addressed in the
>> XHTML2 standard.
>
> Indeed.  That was one of the topics at a meeting with the WAI User
> Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group, and something we need
> to address from accessibility point of view as well.

Hopefully such clarifications in the XHTML2 spec will not conflict with
requirements of event propagation in the DOM specs. In particular,
implementations that are not XHTML-specific implementations but generic
XML+DOM+CSS UAs, using UA stylesheets and scripting bound through UA
stylesheets (using technologies like XBL or HTCs) should hopefully end up
automatically complying to the XHTML specs.