Re: Re: Why doesn´t this work?

Hi,

thanks for your answers, but the code is not the problem.

Have a look at this site
http://www3.sppd.ne.jp/lena/
and please use Mozilla or Opera because this site offers different html (html 1 and html 1.1) for ie and mozilla. I tried to reproduce the mozilla code on my server but all what i see is non formatted plain text. The css file(s) and the xsl are completely ignored.  After inserting this line
href="http://www.example.com/css/index.css" type="text/css" />
into the head section i got it working.
What is the trick to get the original code working? It must be a trick with the server. I have a Apache 1.3.26. "lena" uses 1.3.27.

Thanks in advance
Markus
--- original Nachricht Ende ----

* ruus@freenet.de wrote:
>i am just experimenting a little bit with xhtml. What must be
>done that a browser understand these two lines?

What do you mean by "understand"?

><?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="/style/xhtml2" title="basic" ?></code></p>

The XML declaration must be placed at the very beginning of the
document, it is not allowed in element content. The xml-stylesheet
processing instruction is neither allowed in element content, it
must be placed prior to the root element.

-- eBay - Jetzt besser einkaufen!Ueber 1. Mio. Angebote. Startpreise ab EUR 1,-http://www.freenet.de/tipp/shopping/ebay