Re: [XHTML2] Unicode line and paragraph separators

On 4/5/03 1:06 PM, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Tantek [ISO-8859-1] ?lik wrote:
>>
>> This is true, except for the fact that even when people start using XHTML2,
>> they will start by writing "backwards compatible" XHTML2.
>
> Assuming that the HTML WG does keep using a different namespace for XHTML2
> as for XHTML1, and assuming the HTML WG makes it clear that only XML
> namespaces are allowed for XHTML2, then I'm not sure what you mean by
> backwards compatible XHTML2.

People will write XHTML2 that "happens to work" in current/legacy browsers
that don't actually have any support for XHTML2, kind of like people are now
writing/sending XHTML1 that "happens to work" in current/legacy browsers
that don't actually have any support for XHTML1.

Tantek