Re: Comments about the 2002-08-05 XHTML 2.0 WD

On Friday, Aug 23, 2002, at 00:29 Europe/Helsinki, Jonas Jørgensen
wrote:

> Henri Sivonen wrote:
>> Another thing that I've noticed is that (X)HTML doesn't provide any
>> semantic markup for indicating which part of the page are main
>> content and which parts are navigation.
>
> How about defining the contents of the outer-most <section/> as the
> main content, and everything outside it as navigation, footers, etc.?

That could work for the usual cases if the authors had a clear idea of
such a side meaning of using <section> but as Etan Wexler said, it
might not work in more complex cases. Also, I think educating authors
about a side meaning of section> might be harder than advertising
something that is clearly about marking the navigationness or main
contentness.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi