FW: OL needs the start attribute

An Ordered List is a series of items in a sequence, a recurrent
linear pattern.  In the example given, 3/3a/4 represent 3 items
in a linear pattern (with 3 being first, 3a being second, and 4
being third).  The problem is that a numbering system does not
exist that contains these values.  My view is that the
displaying of 3/3a/4 is presentational and should be handled by
CSS.  My suggestion would be to allow user defined
list-style-type in CSS, where a set of values would represent
some numbering system.  In this case, the values of that user
defined type would be "1 2 3 3a 4 5 6" ( and so on ).

Regards,
Peter