Re: supporting graphics in HTML

Shaik Mahaboob Subhani wrote:

 > I have to convert some file into HTML which supports IE5 and
 > Netscape4.7. the file contains graphics like Images, Lines,
rectangle, > Elliplse, Polyline, polygon, round rectangle, arc and sector of
 > ellipse. is it
 > possible to draw all these components in HTML(except image). I have
 > all the coordinates all these elements.even before drawing i have to
 > set the canvas size in html. if any body knows plz let me know.

No, HTML cannot do this. However there is SVG (Scalable vector graphics)
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Overview.htm8 (weird that "8" at the end
of the URL, but it's correct) that can draw such shapes and more.

There is a plugin for IE, Mozilla is working on it (but the plugin also
works there), I have no idea about Netscape 4.7, but I can imagine the
plugin will work there too. Anyone can confirm?

Erich Iseli