Re: Dreamweaver MX XHTML

* Gregor Wolbring wrote:

Gregor, please take a look at

  http://www.w3.org/2002/02/mid/20020420060336.GA26380@w3.org

discussing the purpose of this list. There are better forums on general
HTML authoring and usage of Tools like Dreamweaver around.

>Hi everybody,
>I use Dreamweaver MX to move my webpage away from Frontpage. And I want
>to put it into XHTML. So I use their tool for doing so.
>But when I do the code is still not XHTML compliant even XHTML
>transitional.

Bring your issue to the vendor of that software, if it does not do what
is advertised, go and reclaim your money.

>Even codes of objects from Dreamweaver such as the Jump menu and the
>stuff added through CSS gives me red flags as not compliant. And get
>picked up by their own validator. But when I want to fix it their XHTML
>fix tool says all syntax ok.

Even worse.

>And i can't get the TIDY on o'raillies page to work. And
>I assume there is no free windows based version of Tidy?

If you are talking about HTML Tidy, it is available from
<http://tidy.sourceforge.net/>, the very latest Win32
version as zip archived exe file can be found at
<http://tidy.sf.net/other/tidy-2002-05-09.zip>, but please
note that this version is to be considered alpha quality.

regards.