RE: XHTML compliancy

The reason the specs say you *should* use <br /> is,
older browsers might not recognize <br/> and ignore it
as an unknown tag (which would mean, your page might
be less readable.)

Is this a bug only found in Netscape 6.0? Newer
versions of Netscape 6 and Mozilla are working fine
with the <br /> syntax (and older browsers will think
the "/" is an unknown attribute, and will work fine,
too)