From: Flavio Eduardo de Córdova [mailto:flavio_cordova@hotmail.com]
Sent: 17 January 2002 11:05
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Posting XML

Hi, people...

    I'm not that expert on HTML but I think it's not possible to browsers
post form data in XML format, unless you have scripts to do that, right ?
Wouldn't it be useful if you were able to specify an ENCTYPE like
"text/xml", for example, to post data ?

Here a suggestion of a form and how it could be posted to the server:

<FORM name="Customer" ENCTYPE="text/xml">
    <INPUT type="text" name="Id">
    <INPUT type="text" name="Name">
    <INPUT type="submit" name="action">
</FORM>

<Customer>
    <Id>MyCompany</Id>
    <Name>My Company Inc.</Name>
    <Action>Submit</Action>
</Customer>

I think this kind of encoding could help those who have to integrate systems
using XML, specially those who's already using XLS to format data in HTML
but can't get them back easily... By the way, it might be interesting if you
could define a XSL file to make some transformation before posting the XML.