RE: Implementation of "accesskey" support in Mozilla and IE latest?

My tests in 5 out of 6 browsers worked:

Windows XP:
  Internet Explorer 6.0: [alt]+[accesskey] focuses link
Windows 2000:
  Mozilla 1.0: [alt]+[accesskey] activates link
  Internet Explorer 5.5: [alt]+[accesskey] focuses link
  Opera 6: Did not work
Mac OS X (10.1):
  Internet Explorer 5.2: [ctrl]+[accesskey] activates link
  Mozilla 1.0: [ctrl]+[accesskey] activates link

The difference to note is that Windows IE focused the link but did not
activate it. I had to hit [Enter] again after it was focused.

Opera 6 for Windows did not work in my test (tried [accesskey] by itself and
in combination with [alt], [ctrl], and [alt]+[ctrl]).

It's a good idea to steer clear of commonly used keys in case the browser
has a default function associated with it. For these tests I used numerals
1 - 5.

Hope that helps...
James Craig