Re: a new value for <title> and other meta tags

on 21-08-2002 19:28, David Woolley at david@djwhome.demon.co.uk wrote:

> In most cases, the title *element* content should be different from
> the in-band page title, as the title element should make sense
> out of context, but the in-band page title is in a context.  That
> generally means that the the title element must always indicate
> the site, but the page title may assume that you know which site
> you are on.

ok, but my proposal is to use title in the <body> only if we want to write
it also in the body text and to use it in the head if we want to specify a
different title on the browser window. I think that my proposal is very
useful for documents like articles, books, etc. and for open docs.

> I assume that your examples are XHTML, as they can cause a parse
> ambiguity in HTML, as HEAD and BODY tags (not elements) are
> optional, so the parser wouldn't know whether the title was in
> the head or body.  (You have explicit tags, but that is only required
> for XHTML.)

I haven't clearly understood this :(