Re: Fw: Recently published documents

Hi

On Thu 08-Aug-2002 at 12:36:22 +0100, Nicholas Atkinson wrote:

> So, <shameless_plug> in my company's forthcoming validating
> XHTML/DocBook/WML/XML editor </shameless_plug>, we will be bundling an
> "enhanced" version of the XHTML 1.0 DTD with it that supports the
> <embed> element and a few other attributes such as
> marginwidth/marginheight on the body element (if we can make it an
> XHTML 1.1 module, we will do it that way, only I think that may not be
> possible).    I would prefer if this was not necessary, but it seems
> it is.  If anyone can suggest any other attributes or elements that
> are also necessary in the "real world", please contact me, as we would
> like to include them.

The only one that I find myself forced to use is the wrap="virtual"
attribute on textareas.

Personally I agree that it would be good if these things were in the
XHTML 1.0 transitional DTD.

There is no point in making them a XHTML 1.1 module since XHTML 1.1
shouldn't be served as text/html and the browsers that these things
target only support text/html.

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>