Re: Fw: Recently published documents

06.08.02 12:31:30, "Nicholas Atkinson" <nik@casawana.com> wrote:

>I note that in this edition XHTML 1.0 still doesn't support the EMBED
>element.  Which means that it is impossible to validate pages supporting
>Netscape plug-in browsers containing Flash/Quicktime/Real etc. content.
>
>nik

It should be mentioned that both Netscape and Opera are implementing plug-in
support using OBJECT that should be at least as good as the one we have
using EMBED. Who knows, they might even end up being interoperable...

For the time being you would need to do the non-validating embed-in-object
or object-in-embed coding to support Netscape type plug-ins, but by the time
XHTML 2.0 is in common use, you might not have to do that anymore.

Jonny Axelsson
Documentation,
Opera software