RE: frames and width definitions

Hello,

maybe auto is the width property value that gives what you desire.

try

style="left:0px;top:0px;bottom:auto;right:auto;width:140px;height:100%;overf
low:auto;">...</div>
style="left:140px;top:0px;bottom:auto;right:0px;width:auto;height:100%;overf
low:auto;">...</div>

see the combination:
- left:0px;   width:140px; right:auto;
- left:140px; width:auto;  right:0px;

And as Bjoern said, you'll find more precise information on what you are
looking for in the official Recommendation on CSS Level 2.

But be aware, that currently there is no browser that is capable of all
desired CSS Level 2 possibilities. Mozilla implements nearly all, Opera
most, and IE and Netscape 4.x are missing tons of CSS Level 2 features. And
Mozilla doesn't count, since it is still unofficial and beta (regardless
what Netscape say about Netscape 6.x ...).

Greetings

Christian
(Please apologize for temporarily bad English, today I'm too lazy to use
dict.leo.org)