RE: Netscape and Microsoft should come up with plugins standard

> From:	Brian [SMTP:netdemonz@yahoo.com]
>
> This standard should define the common functions and paramaters for such
> popular formats as mpeg, mp3, avi, wav, etc, etc.
[DJW:]
I don't think parameters should be used for simple media types.
For them, object is really a special sort of link that embeds
the result; normal links don't have such parameters.  I think
HTML is being confused with a multimedia authoring language here.

If parameters are relevant to such media types, I believe they
would be considered presentational and therefore ought to be
handled by style sheets, not HTML.