Re: No borders around frames?

On 2.3.01 8:44, "Gabriele Caniglia" <mailing.lists@garr.com> wrote:

> Let's come to the point: I need no borders around the frames.
> Quite some time ago I posted a message to this list (4398) asking
> about the FRAMEBORDER attribute, but I can't get it to work with IE
> and N6.

This list is for discussion of the HTML language per se, and not appropriate
for "how do I..." questions. I think your question does point to a
deficiency in the HTML 4 specification, however. It fails to describe
actual, effective usage of frameset/frame.

Unfortunately, I do not believe there is a solution to your problem within
the bounds of W3C HTML validity. I think you must use nonstandard (but
widely supported) attributes in your frameset document to get the rendering
you desire in common agents. Specifically, you want/need at least the border
attribute on FRAMESET.

Frames were deprecated in the same W3C specification in which they were
introduced. I wonder whether this bias partially accounts for their
not-quite-comprehensive specification.