RE: Drop Downs

> From:	Sharpe, Wendi [SMTP:Wendi.Sharpe@dep.state.fl.us]
>
> Hi!  I just wanted to know if drop down menus are ADA compliant?  I can't

	[DJW:]  There is no concept of a drop down in HTML, except
	in as much as a permitted implementation of SELECT is as a
	drop down menu, so this is off topic.  The w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
	mailing list might have been a legitimate place.

> seem to find any documentation on whether it is or not.
	[DJW:]
	Checkpoints (highest priority) 6.2 and 6.3 in
	http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/ have already been
	covered.  6.4  6.5 and 9.2 (second priority) also apply.
	As the sort of thing you are probably referring to involves
	pop-up windows, guideline 10.1 (no popup windows -
	second priority) also applies.

[DJW:]  "Section 508" is normally used to refer to the ADA
requirements.  The W3C content accessibility guidelines are
not the same as Section 508, but are very similar.