From: AMollah [mailto:am@freephone.fsnet.co.uk]
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2001 2:27 PM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: activel inks?

In css there are properties for hyperlinks that can be visited, active,
hover and link. Active is a useless property as it seems to be only
displayed in the period between when the link has been pressed and when the
property would have been "current" (as in the url that is currently
displayed in the browser window) - that is what I thought active meant at
first, and it would be far more helpful to navigation than the property now
known as "active". You just need to look how many sites use javascript or
other methods to indcate that a link is to the current page.