RE: Add Version Information to Script Element

> From:	Axel Dahmen [SMTP:a.dahmen@infozoom.de]
>
> Thanks, Robin,
>
> > MIME media type, such as:
> >
> > <script type="application/x-javascript;version=1.3">

	[DJW:]  Oops.  The HTML 4.01 specification is broken
	here in that it uses the term media-type and uses
	RFC 2045 to define it.  Unfortunately, the definition
	in RFC 2045 only allows "application", not even
	"application/x-javascript", even though, at least the
	latter was clearly intended.

> Hence, I'd like to suggest to endorse that kind of construct in HTML to
> allow cleaner implementations of script-enabled browsers.

	[DJW:]  All that really takes is to change section 6.7 of
	the HTML 4.01 specification to permit (in RFC 2045 terms):
       type "/" subtype *(";" parameter)
	[DJW:]  The difficult bit is convincing the browser writers
	that not only should they not rely on Language, but they should
	look at the parameters field in the type parameter - what is
	in it for them?

	[DJW:]  (The formal correlation of type and media-type is implied
	by this comment:
; Matching of media type and subtype ; is ALWAYS case-insensitive.
	on the production rule for Content-Type headers, although the
	narrative in RFC 2045 always treats media-type as not containing
	the subtype.)