Re: Make Microsoft follow the spec.

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:05:25 +0100, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
wrote:

>>> Why do you think so?
>>
>>Because "document.all" is not part of the standard DOM. It's a proprietary
>>MSIE thing.
>
>And Implementations are not allowed to add some extensions?

Of course programmers can do what they want, who's to stop them?

The thing is that "extensions", if needed, shall be added along the
rules given for the type of "forward compatibility" that is valid for
the functionality that is to be extended.

I'm all open to be pointed to the official docs that describes "Forward
Compatibility Requirements" for scripting languages.

What I do know is that MS has deliberately shot a big hole in the bottom
of the CSS "FCR", and judging from that, I carry no hopes to see
anything else when it comes to scripting either, where there's little to
no "FCR regulation" at all to start with.

--
Roland...
Microsoft is not the answer.  Microsoft is the question.