RE: <OBJECT> tag a pain in the neck

> From:	Jim Correia [SMTP:correia@barebones.com]
>
> On 5:52 AM 2/26/01 "NeTDeMoN" <NeTDeMoNZ@flashmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, <object> has no autostart attribute.
>
> It doesn't need one.  It is completely extensible by using param.
>
> <object>

[DJW:]  My understanding is that the user parameters are intended
for executable objects, not for the browser itself.  In fact having
completely extensible parameters for core media types like audio/basic,
will simply produce a nightmare of incompatible implementations.

(Point that HTML was never intended as a multimedia authoring language
still stands.)