RE: What are the verification rules for correct e-mail address ?

> From:	M. Amin [SMTP:amin@imkenberg.net]
>
>  I'm developing a web page in which the user inserts his e-mail address. I
> want to know how to verify that the entered e-mail is
> correct syntatically.
	[DJW:]
	HTML imposes no constraints, even when used in HTML
	input elements.  It probably doesn't even constrain
	input to the HTML character set.

> Note, i'm using java for verification.
	[DJW:]
	HTML is irrelevant to Java form handling code.

	I think you are asking in the wrong place.  This
	is not a list about designing web sites; it is about
	the design of the HTML language (not JavaScript, not DOM,
	not CSS, not Java) itself.

	The answer to the question is look in RFC 822 and RFC 1123,
	but note that certain forms will be rejected these days as
	an anti-spam measure.

[DJW:]