Re: How do I make my tbody scroll?

Post to www-html@w3.org

I've tried several methods to get my tbody to scroll, from frames to
javascripts. The frames work, but I also want to tag each row in my table so
external pages can link to them. The idea is to get the link to the correct
row with the thead (and everything above it) still in sight. I also placed
the table legend in the tbody so it can be seen with thead when I link to it
from any entry in thead. I'm willing to abandon the scrolling tbody if
anyone knows how to dynamically change the default URL in a frame so an
external link can display everything correctly.

Thanks for all your responses, Shawn

Hi Christian,

I tried your body, table id=pagecontainer, tbody class=pctd and div
id=maincontainer styles, but they didn't do anything. Actually, changing the
height specified in #maincontainer from 100% to a value creates a space of
that value above my table. I had the same problem with iframe where the
iframe, placed within tbody in my source code, appeared above thead. Iframe
creates a scrolling unit, but the width of the columns are altered despite
my use of COL width= in both the iframe code and the main document code. In
addition, iframe insists on creating a horizontal bar which I don't like.
[The iframe was suggested by Jesse McCarthy (mccarthy36@earthlink.net).
Thanks, Jesse.]

I do have Mozilla (v4), but I upgraded to MSIE 6. I guess the bug, if any,
persists. I'll check the MSIE page next to see if there is a patch to this
bug. I'll also look at the CSS recommendation again as you suggested.

So, it was a good try and I thank you very much for your advice. I'll keep
at it. The overflow style seems very promising.

Thanks, Shawn