Re: anchors

Vix <vixcc@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Same document, section 3.1:
>
> " Relative URI references are distinguished from absolute URI in that
> they do not begin with a scheme name.  Instead, the scheme is
> inherited from the base URI, as described in Section 5.2."
>
> Thus, I believe that the BASE URI must be taken into consideration in this case.

"as described in Section 5.2".  And Section 5.2, Step 2 clearly says
that the base URI is NOT inherited in this case.

> But the case described in here is not a Relative URI. It is an absolute URI.
> <BASE Href="http://url.com/">

You are confusing relative URI references (to be resolved as described
in Section 5.2) and the "Base URI within Document Content" as mentioned
in Section 5.1.1.

> Thus, Section 5.2 - Part 3 says:
>
> 3) If the scheme component is defined, indicating that the reference
>       starts with a scheme name, then the reference is interpreted as an
>       absolute URI and we are done.  Otherwise, the reference URI's
>       scheme is inherited from the base URI's scheme component.
>
> This means that in this case the URI is the BASE one.

No.  This merely says that if a URI reference takes a form like
"<a href="http://www.example.com/#top">top</a>", it is interpreted
as is (i.e. as an absolute URI reference) regardless of what the base
URI is.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org