From: www-html-request@w3.org [mailto:www-html-request@w3.org]On Behalf
Of Peter Foti (PeterF)
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 2:45 PM
To: 'www-html@w3.org'
Subject: RE: VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - ABOUT MY NEW METHOD FOR THE
(HT ML) COLOR CODING - EXTREMELY EASY TO USE - MINIMIZING ERROR
POSSIBILITIES - BRAND NAMES FOR THE FIRST TIME TO APPEAR ON THE SCREEN -
WORDS OF MULT ILANGUAGES ARE ENABLED TO BE USED ..

I agree.  There are already enough (very simple) ways to specify the
color in a web page.  Adding another will accomplish what exactly?  I
would assume that no browsers currently support your new method, which
probably means it is no good for backwards compatability (and no good
for current browsers for that matter).  It sounds like you are just
trying to pat yourself on the back.

I don't entirely understand what exactly it is that you think your color
scheme can accomplish that can not be done with current methods.  Do you
have a specification or recommendation for this method?  You didn't give
any reference to a website that would contain more information, which
leads me to believe you don't have one.

Perhaps I am missing something... or perhaps there is simply nothing to
miss.
-Peter