RE: Line breaking in a button

> From:	David Bindel [SMTP:nwprog@yahoo.com]
>
> I am wondering if or where a command exists that lets you can add a line
> break
> inside of a button.  for example:
[DJW:]
The content model for BUTTON is:

(%flow;)* -(A|%formctrl;|FORM|FIELDSET)

which means that you can use all sorts of formatting, up to
and including a whole (linkless and formless) document.  However
lack of backward compatibility and broken early implementations
mean that it is inadvisable to use this element type.

Nonetheless, within the scope of this list, your requirement is
met, so there is no need for any change to the specification
(changes to allow a fallback for button would be useful).

Outside the scope of this list, I don't think you really meant
BUTTON, I think you really meant INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT".  The formatting
of such controls is that dictated by the operating system's normal
user interface conventions.  The only way of specifyihng formatting
within attributes is by use of Unicode.

If you really are using BUTTON on a browser that claims to support
it, and <br> doesn't have the same effect as when used outside of
a button element, you should take it up with the browser supplier's
support channels.