RE: Can the frameset element contain body?

> From:	Morten Wang [SMTP:mww@infostream.no]
>
> Looking at the HTML 4.01 DTDs and recommendation regarding the NOFRAMES
> element I've started wondering if it's at all legal, maybe even
> required, to have a BODY element inside the NOFRAMES element.

	[DJW:]  When used in a frameset it is mandatory to have a
	body element.  However, BODY tags are optional for both start
	and end of the element in HTML (but not XHTML).  Thus, the
	parse tree and document object model will have a body element
	even though there are no <BODY> and </BODY> tags.

	The following 3 lines are about the minimum syntactically
	valid HTML 4.01 document when you allow for optional tags:

	<title></title>

	This contains HTML, HEAD and BODY elements, even though
	none are explicit.  The DOCTYPE may not be minimal.