RE: Tar Browsing

> From:	its me [SMTP:dan1mal@hotmail.com]
>
> To potentially increase the speed of web browsing I propose the use of
> archives to streamline downloading.  Many websites are graphics intensive
> now and to speed up dowloading of these graphics archive should be used.

This question is either about URLs or HTTP; it's not
about HTML.

Please check the description of pipelining in the HTTP
specification; I think it will achieve your aims better
than loading a whole archive.

You might also want to consider the HTML email (de facto)
standards, Microsoft's HTML help format, and the long
established Adobe Acrobat format.  (In my view the fragmentation
of HTML-based pages into multiple downloads, is a consequence
of a drift towards using it like Acrobat, but with a design
that was not optimised for the purpose, i.e. HTML was designed
to carry links to content, not large volumes of embedded content.)