Re: HTML forms

I read this on ietf@ietf.org, who I am not sharing my reply with,
and suspect that the w3 lists will bounce this message as posted
by a nonsubscriber.  Please forward as appropriate.

The whole point of hypertext is the dissemination of
static information.

voice over IP runs in its own application.

Given a microphone capturing application that can
capture a spoken phrase to a named file, the current
HTML file upload form element is sufficient to upload
that voice clip.

MIME e-mail can carry voice clips and comments between
teacher and student perfectly well.

Streaming microphone data as something which would be part
of a standard, instead of something taken care of by its own
(possibly integrated) application makes no sense to me.

James Salsman wrote:

> The whole point of microphone upload is to help teach languages
> where simple audio output is insufficient.  Evaluation of audio
> input is necessary for effective speech training and accent reduction.
>
> Cheers,
> James

david nicol

                            David Nicol 816.235.1187 nicold@umkc.edu
                   First thing we gotta do is get Mars a bigger moon