Re: Non-proprietary web tags

[Cced to Ned and www-html]

On www-html, Ned Abell <nedabell@enterprise.net> wrote:

> As a RiscOs user Im just adding my voice to the huge numbers
> who see the Web as a universal resource and not just tied to
> one type of platform or browser.

Well, jolly good. Why not subscribe to www-html and join other
such people? (People who see the Web as a universal resource,
that is, not RISC OS users. Although there are still some of
us around. ;-) ) The device upload issue hasn't been doing the
rounds on any of the Acorn newsgroups or something has it?
Because there have been quite a lot of posts about it from
non-subscribers.

> Please implement the non-proprietary web tags in general,
> like the device upload proposals

Well this is the problem with most of the device-upload-
related posts, you see. The HTML WG is not responsible for
the *implementation* of anything; that's for the browser
writers. In my opinion, the way the file upload specs are
written, they could easily be interpreted to already allow
device upload; it's just that no browsers do this.

So if you want, for example, speech input under RISC OS,
I suggest you pester ANT for it, or download the source to
Webite and have a crack at it yourself. :-) (Of course, the
lack of a standard sampler API under RISC OS might make it
tricky.)

--
Andrew Clover
Technical Support