Re: Address Book Problem....

I don't think this is the right mailing list to ask that Q.

> Hello Friends,
>     I need some help desperately. I want to develop an application in
> which I have to present the user with the facility of using his address
> book, which is actually present on the desktop, to be exported to a
> database present on the server. For this thing to take place seamlessly,
> I have to present the user with a Html page having one button for
> opening a File open dialog box. This button will be used by the user to
> open the dialog , where he will click the file containing his address
> book. Then on selection of the file, all the addresses in his book
> should be populated on the Html form in a list box . Then he can select
> any of his addresses with the help of checkboxes and send it to the
> server database .

You can take advantage of server-side processing to let the user upload
his/her addressbook
file then manipulate it on serverside then create a dynamic html file from
that information
and present it to the user. You might be able to do this with signed ActiveX
or signed JAVA applets,
but  this is not really HTML. It's using some form of CGI or ServerPage
techniques like JSP, ASP, or PHP.

slim