Re: WEK: Comments on XHTML 1.1 5 Jan 2000 Draft (and related specs)

> From: W. Eliot Kimber (eliot@isogen.com)
> Date: Mon, Jan 24 2000

> Here are my comments on the 5 Jan draft:

Please take these comments in the spirit they were intended: as
technical input to the XHTML design that reflects my knowledge and
experience as an XML practitioner. I have absolutely no expectation that
any of my suggestions will be heeded. It is the job of the XHTML
committee to take comments and make the best decision they can, taking
into account both technical and political considerations. I simply want
my technical position to be on record.

I think I've said all I need to say about the technical justification
for my comments so I will not further obstruct this process by
continuing to belabor any of these issues in public.

Cheers,

E.