Re: Visited link, Extra feature wanted

I think that some browsers have a feature in which they can check
whether bookmarked pages have been changed since last visited.

This feature is an implementation of http. The browser may implement this
by sending a HEAD request with a if-modified-since header.

Thus, the additional feature you request is a style-sheet related feature,
that will allow presenting this information also in links.

There might be quite many history related features that may be
presented to users. It is not clear which ones of the should be
standardized in style sheets.

For example, in some versions of Mosaic "active" meant "visited
and cached" but later browsers (and CSS) use active in a quite
different meaning.

Regards,
Nir.

At 08:08 AM 1/24/00 -0500, Georg Berg wrote:

> A visited link gets its colour, when the page to which it refers, is in the
> history list.
>
> But is there a possibility to give it an aditional colour, when the page to
> which the link refers, is updated after the last visit?
>
> Shouldn't there be a feature to send information to browsers history lists,
> when the users have enabled the feature?
>
> --
> geork

Nir Dagan
Assistant Professor of Economics