RE: Using Entity References in XSL Templates

At 06:28a -0500 01/24/00, Arjun Ray wrote:
>On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Mike Brown wrote:
>  > In HTML,   is always ISO-8859-1 character number 160, i.e. a
>  > non-breaking space ... but   is simply character number 160 in the
>  > character set of the document encoding,
>
>Oops.  Not at all.  Absolutely not.  The encoding has absolutely nothing,
>repeat **NOTHING** to do with this.

Buggy browsers notwithstanding. ;)  There are browsers which get this
wrong, and display the wrong character for   -- but they never
get   wrong. Back in the early days I used   because Lynx
didn't yet support   yet it did support  , but once Lynx
supported   I switched to using that because it was more
reliable.