Re: Embed attribute for LINK element

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000 06:01:38 -0500 (EST), Matthew Brealey
<thelawnet@yahoo.com> wrote:

>[N.B. cross-posted - both 'a focused discussion about web style sheets'
>and HTML; however, replies to www-html]

>I suggest an embed attribute for LINK. This would covert the LINKed
>resource into an embedded one when saved for offline use...

[...]

>I realise that this is somewhat different from other HTML insofar as it
>generates content, but I feel that it would be of enormous benefit - I
>find that I have to duplicate much of my LINKed style sheet in my HTML for
>offline reading, which rather obviates the advantages of having LINKed
>style in the first place.

This is an issue between you and your favorite browser designer.
Nothing needs to be added to (X)HTML for him to accomplish this from
already available markup details.

--
Jan Roland Eriksson <jrexon@newsguy.com>
<URL:http://member.newsguy.com/%7Ejrexon/>